APA-ADA Specialist Track and Exam Option and/or Accessibility Standards training - Advance Registration Required for both
Details: APA currently offers the APA / ADA Specialist designation to qualified individuals who attend all 6 hours of the APA / ADA Specialist training, all 6 hours of the Accessibility Standards training, and pass both a written APA / ADA Standards Exam and an APA / ADA Specialist Exam. Eligibility is limited to APA members.
APA/ADA Accessibility Standards Courses consist of 2 or 3 sessions totaling 6 hrs. of instruction: History/Overview/Title I , Title II, Title III and Title IV, V, Misc. Provisions, Ongoing Changes
Both the APA/ADA Standards Training and an APA/ADA Specialist Training may be offered at various locations and dates. Future training dates have not yet been established.
Training courses are not designed or intended to be comprehensive, butt supplementary to personal study of the topics. Additional training, study, and/or experience in application of the different Titles under the ADA are strongly advised prior to taking the exams.
SPECIALIST DESIGNATION PROGRAM – Updated 2/2/17
Two Options for receiving the Specialists Designations:
- Option I- Take and Pass Both the Standards and Specialist Exams with a score of 75% on each.
- It is a full fee to retake exams
- Option II- Opt out of the Standards Exam by holding a current CASp, RAS, or ICC Accessibility Certification and pass only the Specialist Exam with a score of 75%.
- It is full fee to retake exams
- Maintain APA Membership
Sub Designations Available to APA-ADA Specialists:
1. APA Assembly Specialist-Goal 2018
a. Be a current member of APA
b. Take the prescribed 6-8 hour course
c. Pass a written exam with a minimum 75 percent score. (TBD Fee)
2. APA Transient Lodging Specialist - Goal 2019
d. Be a current member of APA
e. Take the prescribed 6-8 hour course
f. Pass a written exam with a minimum 75 percent score. (TBD Fee)
3. APA Play Area Specialists - Goal 2020
Be a current member of APA
Take the prescribed 6-8 hour course
Pass a written exam with a minimum 75 percent score. (TBD Fee)
4. To Be Developed (Public Right of Way, Fair Housing, Education, Digital Communication, Healthcare, Recreation, etc.)
One may maintain designations by remaining a continuous member in good standing in APA.