The Accessibility Professionals Association is a dynamic and diverse organization open to all professionals interested in understanding and maintaining accessibility in the United States and around the globe. By becoming a member (join us) you can:
• Promote your business and services. Our website includes a public, searchable directory of our members and the services they provide. Our LinkedIn and Facebook pages serve as portals to our website, further expanding the reach of each of our active members. You can post and search for job opportunities on this member only link. If you are not a member, but would like to advertise a job posting, contact email@example.com.
• Become an APA-ADA Specialist: This title will be awarded to individuals who attend specific APA training and pass a written test. The designation will be limited to members of APA who will receive recognition on the APA website, a recognition of completion and the right to market this expertise. Please visit our website for more information.
• Obtain expert advice from peers. Your membership will provide access to our Members-Only Internet Forum to find answers to technical questions, share your experiences, and get advice on growing and marketing your business.
• Expand your knowledge. Texas Registered Accessibility Specialists can obtain the required Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation continuing education credits. We also provide AIA/CES - approved continuing education during regular APA meetings, training sessions, and through online training. You may also become a provider of AIA/CES approved training.
• Stay up to date on accessibility news. Emails and newsletters are delivered directly to your inbox providing information about important APA events and activities.
• Meet other accessibility professionals. Membership provides discounted pricing at the annual APA conference where experts speak on a variety of topics and member pricing for APA regional training sessions that allow you to meet other professionals.
• Take on a leadership role. Help steer our future and impact in the industry by volunteering for a committee or running for an open office on the board after your second year of membership.
Join APA Today
Don’t wait to begin enjoying all the benefits APA has to offer – join today! Standard annual Professional Memberships are $225 or $200 for non-professional, associate memberships. Your membership pays for itself when you take advantage of our accredited training sessions at discounted Member rates.
Membership Classification Information:
Professional Member (voting) - Persons holding a nationally or state recognized accessibility license or certification in good standing which requires testing and on-going continuing education in order to maintain the license or certificate; and who has completed our registration form and paid membership dues in full as set forth in the APA bylaws.
(Examples of licenses and certifications include but are not limited to Texas Registered Accessibility Specialists, California Certified Access Specialist, International Code Council Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner, Certified ADA Coordinator, or other registered design professionals who annually maintain a minimum of four hours of accessibility-related continuing education.)
Associate Member (non-voting membership) Individuals NOT licensed as described above, but who complete the APA registration form and pay full membership dues as set forth in the APA bylaws.
APA is a TDLR Provider (#1521), AIA/CES Provider (#G583), ICC Preferred Provider (#1321) and provides selected courses which apply toward ACTCP certification, APA also awards an APA-ADA Specialist Designation and Accessibility Standards Primer completion certificate, when all criteria are met.